× Members

Changes to medical driving licence and links to DWP

More
8 months 1 week ago #286942 by Prudent
I have received a medical form from the DVLA asking me to fill in the details of my conditions and medication and return it to them as my current medical licence is due to expire. I noticed some recent changes to the form as it asked the following questions:

1) do you require assistance with daily living?
2) do you need to be prompted to take medication?
3) can you work household appliances such as a cooker or a washing machine?

I had previously filled in a form in the summer as I had a new diagnosis. The consultant has only just filled in his part due to illness and a lost form. I checked back on my form from the summer and those questions did not appear.

Does this mean that the DWP are the DVLA are working more closely to share and verify information on claimants?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286955 by BIS
Hi Prudent

I haven't seen this. There have always been links between the DWP and DVLA - but perhaps this is as you suggest they are trying to strengthen those links. I think this is because as far as the DWP are concerned that the evidence some claimants give to them means they should not be driving at all.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prudent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid