× Members

PIP Appeal Tip

More
8 months 1 week ago #286900 by Philp
PIP Appeal Tip was created by Philp
Hi all, I recently had my PIP review and had success with my Mandatory Reconsideration and thought I would just write a brief tip on this forum, as I’ve found B&W very useful.

The first time I had to take my appeal to Tribunal, and thankfully won the appeal just before my tribunal date - getting Enhanced for Daily Living and Mobility.

Since then my condition and how it affects me has only worsened - a lot. Despite this, on my review I was reduced to Standard on both.

So to the “tip” - maybe some are already appealing in this way and this is not new…

I appealed to DWP, as you always should when appealing for MR or Tribunal, so that it is logged with DWP within their time-frame, and fill out the necessary paperwork and reasons for appeal.

Also be sure to ask for a copy of the health professionals report. This showed a number of mistakes, contradictions and errors from what we had told them in the interview and via the PIP review paperwork and evidence. Along with the report was a flyer/pamphlet which had information on how to complain to the the health assessment company.

So - I also complained and appealed to the health assessment company. This is my recommendation if you find things wrong with the report. Because when they reviewed our complaint and evidence (using an Independant person from the original assessor, looking at the case afresh, and also consulting a Dr), they then found in our favour and also wrote back to DWP changing their advice/report. This then caused the DWP to change their decision to Enhanced for both DL and Mobility.

So this would be my tip - if you’re asking DWP for a MR, especially if due to issues with the HP report, it is also worth also complaining to the health assessment company, as in my experience, they carry out their review quicker than DWP, and if they find in your favour, they also write back to DWP to change their advice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Sheila 966, Taz8, Mark65, LL26, Helen, Blueberry Owl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286911 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Appeal Tip
Hi Philp,

Thank you for your advice. Approved for others to see if it can help/assist with future claims.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Taz8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid