× Members

Awaiting diagnoses

More
8 months 1 week ago #286992 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Awaiting diagnoses
Hi Bobby33,

That's this government for you! I think people sometimes wrongly blame the DWP, and although their assessors aren't always accurate, they're still just people trying to do a job, whilst following probably what is an awful set of guidelines put out by these tories, hoping to probably just rid the country of those who claim any form of money from them. That's my opinion anyways.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #287007 by Tracey
Replied by Tracey on topic Awaiting diagnoses
Hi Bobby,
My advice to you is to follow the guidance that is available on here. Use the pointers and be as specific as you can on how you are and have been affected. When the diagnosis arrives you can always send it in as evidence.
Just a quick note…. I applied for Pip in May 2022 and at the time did have various diagnosis’s which have and still are affecting me. I was refused pip. So with the support of my partner and mam, using the guides on here I applied for a tribunal.
It’s taken 20 months from application to tribunal and within that time I have received other diagnosis’s. At that point the dwp suggested that my conditions had got worse. However I had documented the symptoms in the application. Yesterday in the tribunal the judge and doctor both said that conditions don’t just come on overnight so disregarded what the dwp had suggested. There was plenty evidence in my application form so apply and use the guides/ask questions on here and get extra support if you need it.
If you are refused (I hope you’re not) go through the stages and use this site for everything. It is traumatic and worrying going through to tribunal but honestly you can do it and it does work out in the longer term, meaning you can actually get the benefit eventually to help support you.
Kind regards and good luck
Tracey
The following user(s) said Thank You: LL26

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid