× Members

U/c reaching pension age

More
8 months 1 week ago #286865 by Grahammylo
U/c reaching pension age was created by Grahammylo
Hi I’m not sure if anyone can answer this question for me. I reach pension age 66 end of march im on u/c LCWRA AND FULL PIP both parts. Do I lose my u/c benifits along with my wife’s joint claim for u/c? My wife is 60 and under pension age also gets carers element of u/c. Thanks for any help
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286876 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic U/c reaching pension age
G

Your wife will continue as a single UC claimant, your pension will be deducted £ for £ from her payments but your current LCWRA element and the Carers Element should still be paid.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #288579 by Grahammylo
Replied by Grahammylo on topic U/c reaching pension age
Hi just a little add on from my previous question If my wife takes early retirement plus my state pension the total sum takes us over her u/c amount will the DWP take money out of her careers element and my LCWRA.It’s a mine field out there with benifits and pensions so any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #288589 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic U/c reaching pension age
G

No. Neither Carers Allowance nor your ESA are means-tested benefits and so are not affected by your household income.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #288597 by KABTT
Replied by KABTT on topic U/c reaching pension age
In a similar boat with my partner getting SP as of Oct 23. Please advise your partner to let UC know of changes - like rent increases or a change to the SP - on her UC journal. I'm a single UC claimant but my partner's pension ( as Gordon advises) comes off the total I'm entitled to. All I know is we've experienced a drastic drop in income and been through the mill with the DWP & LA since October 2023. He is awarded the carer element but it doesn't seem to make a huge financial difference. It was certainly less stressful on ESA so do read the guides here on health issues & UC - make sure you are prepared for the twists and turns of the UC process, good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grahammylo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid