× Members

Missed DWP call - potentially with offer before tribunal

More
8 months 1 week ago #286848 by K
Hi,

What happens if the DWP phone to make an offer of an increased award before their formal response to the tribunal, but you miss the call? Will they write, or have I lost my chance and it carries on to tribunal as normal?

Is there any point in phoning the main DWP helpline to ask what the offer was, or will only the person who phoned me know? And I presume I won't be able to get in touch with them directly? I'm autistic and find it difficult to speak on the phone, plus I'm worried they'll twist what I say and draw spurious conclusions for "evidence" against me, so I'm reluctant to phone back unless it's really worth it.

I am of course assuming that they are phoning with an offer - but I can't think why else they would phone at this stage (waiting for DWP response to tribunal)?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286855 by BIS
Hi K

I'm sorry; anything I say would be speculation. I know it's tough - but it would be much better if you ring and try and find out what the call was about. I would expect them to try and ring you more than once - but I can't be sure.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: K

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid