× Members

Income support and PIP

More
8 months 1 week ago #286793 by creakyspice
Income support and PIP was created by creakyspice
My son receives Carers Allowance for me but has successfully applied for PIP receiving an award for 3 years to 2026. He also receives Income Support. He has received an appointment to see a Work Coach to discuss helping him into employment. He is ill with worry about this and thinks he will lose his PIP. Can anyone help us out with what to do please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286812 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Income support and PIP
c

These Work Focussed Interviews are a mandatory requirement for Income Support claimants, usually every three years, however, they cannot require your son to seek work.

I assume your son lives with you, if both of you

- have a PIP Daily Living award, or DLA Medium Care or higher
- and no one else lives with you

then he may be eligible for the Severe Disability Premium to be added to his IS, another £65+ a week.

If you think he is then he should contact the Income Support Helpline, there is a short form to complete, which can be done over the phone, about his living arrangements. Payments should be backdated to when his PIP award was made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid