× Members

Review not renewal 😕

More
8 months 1 week ago #286775 by Dorislou
Review not renewal 😕 was created by Dorislou
Hi , not sure if I put review or renewal on my previous post but my son has his renewal , he has a new diagnosis but it doesn't change anything for the better or worse ,even with medication . Do I need to put this on a review ? Not sure what I should send or will I trigger a full new assessment, is it just mainly his condition,not his diagnosis,even if he has a new diagnosis? 😕 Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286782 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Review not renewal 😕
`Hi Dorislou

You can check out what you said in your previous post here benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-esa-...44550-renewal#286685. If you want to find your previous posts just look at your profile. You can click on the blue highlight of your name and it will take you to your previous posts.

I think you are mixing up the terms. If your son's claim is coming to an end and he has been sent a review form (which I know you are filling in on his behalf) - you need to give them an update. When claimants complete a review form and return it to the DWP a decision is then made about the type of assessment. The assessment can be paper-based, face to face or telephone or video assessment. Only about 20% of assessments are paper-based. Very few face-to-face assessments are being carried out, and since the pandemic, the majority have been telephone-based. I suggested you looked at the guide to PIP claims and reviews to see how to fill it in (page 128 onwards)

You say that you don't want to trigger a full new assessment. You don't have a choice on this. Everyone has an assessment - it just depends on the type. You could ask them to do a paper-based assessment. Some people think they haven't been assessed when it's been done by paper - but they have - they just haven't had to have contact with an assessor.

I know you are worrying about you son's new diagnosis, which doesn't change anything. The fact is the DWP expects people to tell them the truth about their ongoing medical conditions. Everyone is supposed to report a new diagnosis within weeks of it being given. In reality people often wait until their next review. In my view, you should include this new information on the review form, but obviously the choice is yours.

In terms of 'renewal' that is not a term that is commonly used, but if a claimant returns their review form, it is to renew their current claim.

Hope that helps, but come back if I've not been clear.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 2 days ago #287206 by Dorislou
Replied by Dorislou on topic Review not renewal 😕
Sorry yes it's a review . I've filled it in with supporting evidence and lots of information. I had a good read and downloaded your information and yes ,we've been honest from the start so will give all we have regarding his diagnosis and we have looked at our original claim form and filled it all in the best as possible and they have all the information now so it's up to them ,so thank you very much for your help 🤩

More
8 months 1 day ago #287227 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Review not renewal 😕
Hi DorisLou

The best of luck. You've obviously put in a lot of hard work. Hope it goes well and you (and your son) get the outcome he needs.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.