× Members

Adaptive aids/ devices added

More
8 months 1 week ago #286763 by Jacqueline Brown
Adaptive aids/ devices added was created by Jacqueline Brown
Hi i had an Occupational Therapist from the council assess my home and I've been given a few aids to help me out, a zimmer frame on wheels, 2 grab rails over the bath, a pull down rail beside the loo, a perching stool and bath seat. Im doing my pip review and this is the only thing that has changed for me. Does anyone have a similar experience, and was it a good outcome after telling them about these? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286779 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Adaptive aids/ devices added
Hi Jacqueline Brown

I hope that a member might be able to talk about their experience and the ultimate outcome. You say that nothing has changed for you, but it sounds as if you have had a lot of changes and need all that additional equipment. Make sure that when you put that in your form you make it clear the need for this equipment and don't let it appear as if everything is now hunky dory with it. I assume you will still have considerable struggles. - I wouldn't want any assessor to now think you can manage easily.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 1 week ago #286802 by ivyfox
Replied by ivyfox on topic Adaptive aids/ devices added
Yes, I had my home assessed and the OT wrote a report, as well as supplying & fitting the appropriate aids.
I'd previously applied directly to my Local Authority for a Blue Badge because of mobility issues, which was processed swiftly & assessed respectfully.

I attached copies of both the OT report and the Blue Badge to my last PIP review - and as B&W always advise - gave examples of mobility issues referring to this evidence.

I must point out that I also had consultants' letters setting out the deterioration of my mobility since the previous award.

I went from 'No mobility' to 'Enhanced Mobility' with which I was very pleased: good luck to you :)

More
8 months 1 week ago #286803 by Jacqueline Brown
Replied by Jacqueline Brown on topic Adaptive aids/ devices added
Yes my chronic pain has got worse over the years so I'll mention that's why i got them. They mainly help me get around not improve the pain. I'm just worried they'll reject me as i know how they love to do that for any reason. But they reject people for no change as well i know. Thanks for your reply .
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid