× Members

PIP - Mobility 1 (d,e or f)

More
8 months 1 week ago #286846 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP - Mobility 1 (d,e or f)
AA

I think you have missed the point, this is not about absolutes but rather, as I said in my previous post, about the majority of the time.

It doesn't matter if on the odd occasion you can leave the house the legal test is the majority of days and that is what they will be looking at.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Anxious Anonymous
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 1 week ago #286858 by Anxious Anonymous
Replied by Anxious Anonymous on topic PIP - Mobility 1 (d,e or f)
Sorry Gordon,

I'm having issues with language comprehension at the moment.

So someone with 1E could score even if they leave the house occasionally, if accompanied, because it's a majority of days test?

Have I got that right?

More
8 months 1 week ago #286874 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP - Mobility 1 (d,e or f)
AA

Yes, it is a majority of days test.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Anxious Anonymous
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 1 week ago #286880 by Anxious Anonymous
Replied by Anxious Anonymous on topic PIP - Mobility 1 (d,e or f)
I think I may have a good example for this descriptor.

So I had an endoscopy booked for August and because of how psychologically distressed I get I had to cancel the appointment 4 times and ended up having the procedure in December.

When at the hospital, they knew I had a history of psychological issues so ensured I could keep my safe person with me at all times.

I also used the blue badge to escape or flee the situation, should I need to. But the presence of the other person, the safe person, was the one who got me through it.

Afterwards, I didn’t leave the house for days and was fatigued by all the overwhelming anxiety.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid