× Members

Change of GP

More
8 months 1 week ago #286728 by justme
Change of GP was created by justme
I have moved house and given DWP my new address. I have also registered with a new GP
Do I have to inform DWP of my new GP's address?
I have read somewhere that it isn't mandatory, but is it best that I do inform them. And would that trigger a re-assessment for PIP ?
I don't want to rock the boat

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286746 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Change of GP
j

There is no specific legal requirement although it may come under a general one of keeping the DWP informed of relevant changes.

Having the wrong GP listed is likely going to delay any future assessment if the Assessment Provider needs medical information, it could even mean the assessment going forward without the information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: justme

More
8 months 1 week ago #286918 by justme
Replied by justme on topic Change of GP
i am concerned because I am a pensioner with an award that will have a soft touch review in 2030.
I suffer from great anxiety and I am very worried that informing them of a new GP will initiate a immediate review assessment before the next 6 years are up. I am not knowledgeable in these matters as I have never changed my doctor for over 30 years.
Is it possible this could happen?

More
8 months 1 week ago #286947 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Change of GP
Hi juststu

Informing them of your new GP should not trigger a reassessment, just as changing your address does not automatically trigger a review. Is is possible? Everything is possible with the DWP, but the best I can offer is I have not heard of it happening.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: justme

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid