× Members

PIP Reviews & Your Latest Bulletin - Please Clarify

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #286679 by Augustus
Hello

I have just received your latest bulletin and noted the contents about PiP Reviews.

What I do not understand is whether the stats and their interpretation relate to the newish process for PIP reviews at DWP where such reviews are fast tracked, or whatever the phrase is.

I understand that the new process is supposed to be simpler, in the you are meant to only indicate whether your condition has changed or stayed the same.

Can you please clarify whether the new process is reflected in what you report. Also, is there any other feedback on how you and others are finding this new process?

Thank you.
A.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286729 by Gordon
p

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "newish process for PIP reviews", your subsequent phrasing suggests the standard review process, so yes these would be included, however, if you are referring to Light Touch Reviews then I doubt that they are as these only started in August of last year and very have actually been done to date.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 1 week ago #286817 by drewzz
Hi Augustus,
From my experience, the PIP review form has been slimmed down to fewer simpler questions.
You don't have to fill out the full ridiculous PIP application form with daft questions such as can you lift an empty cardboard box to shoulder height.
But don't be lulled into thinking maybe the DWP is getting a bit softer these days - far from it!
My condition is progressive auto-immune nerve damage so I assumed it would be automatically renewed, but (after waiting a year from when my review form was delivered to DWP) they put me down for a telephone assessment, where, once again, they ask you all the tedious and trick questions about do you have a pet, when did you last drive, do you pay your bills etc to try and find reasons to reduce your financial support.
I'm sure the Independent Assessment people employed by DWP are expected to find cost savings to earn their money. But it doesn't seem to matter what the medical evidence is in front of them, they still put you through the Spanish Inquisition.
The whole business is appalling and needs scrapping.
That is my view.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid