× Members

ESA Ending for Wife soon, who has to apply for Pension, BUT I have not

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #286633 by Mr Roy
As mentioned above, My Wife's ESA ends in April, and she has been asked to appy for it, with a unique invitation code. However I am nearly 70 Years old, and I have never been asked to apply for mine. So can I now apply for mine, and will it affect my Wife's Pension and P.I.P. also will mine be backdated if I do appy.....Any Advice Would be Welcomed...Thank You
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #286660 by Gordon
Mr R

Are you saying that your State Pension is not in payment?

You can certainly make a claim now, doing so will not affect your partner's own SP claim or her PIP.

As to backdating, you need to get advice

advicelocal.uk/welfare-benefits

You should have received an invitation to claim your Pension three months before you reached State Retirement Age, if you did not make an application then your SP will have been deferred, this should mean you receive more money now but I am unclear what the case would be if you try to claim the missing payments instead, hence the strong suggestion that you get advice.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr Roy

More
8 months 1 week ago #286690 by Mr Roy
Thank You Gordon......

I have not claimed my pension, and am now 69 Years old, but my Wife has been recieving some small payment for me in her ESA, but that is coming to an end in April this Year, as she will be 66 Years old. So will her ESA stop completly then....and her Pension start, the letter is confusing as it says she will recieve £166:75 per week ESA from 29 March 2024, and is because of an age change......Any Ideas on this one,,please......Thank You...

More
8 months 1 week ago #286732 by Gordon
Mr R

Yes, when she reaches State Retirement Age her ESA will cease and she will receive the State Pension provided she makes a claim for it.

The letter is likely referring to her last ESA payment which may well be a part payment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 1 week ago #286762 by Mr Roy
Thanks Again Gordon.....

I have got in touch with the DWP online, and they have informed me, a State Pension letter was sent out to me on 6 November 2019, but they had no reply, so have sent me an E-Mail with my unique code on it to apply now......

So, my next question, is do I apply for it, at the same time as my Wife applies for hers or will this confuse matters at the DWP.....

Any Advice on this one, mate.....

More
8 months 1 week ago #286806 by Gordon
Mr R

If you want the Pension, then you should apply for it.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.