× Members

Pip reward ending in 2 weeks

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #286630 by sha1971
Pip reward ending in 2 weeks was created by sha1971
Filled in Renewal letter for pip July 2023 and returned it , but my pip award runs out on the 30 Jan 2024 , rang them I was told not to worry, that within 35 days I would get a letter sent extending my award for a year or until its looked at, its has now passed 35 days and its only two weeks until award runs out ,so rang them today, I was told that should get text message extending my award 15 days before award runs out, so I said well that should of been today then and I've had no text , its 15 days today , and she said no 15 working days , and put the phone down on me , any tips or advice on what to do im starting to panic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #286642 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip reward ending in 2 weeks
Hi sha1971

I'm sorry you find yourself in this position. I'm afraid the only advice I have is to keep ringing. It should be extended, but you need that clarification before it runs out.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 1 week ago #286878 by drewzz
Replied by drewzz on topic Pip reward ending in 2 weeks
Hi Sha1971,
Don't forget you can send a direct email request to your MP explaining that you are running out of time on your PIP award and it hasn't been extended pending review, as DWP is supposed to do.
If you are dependent on a motability car, then your award ending before review can leave you stranded so it is urgent DWP acts.
Your MP can get DWP to act immediately to rectify the position.
My MP is very hardcore anti-benefits, but even so, he immediately contacted DWP and got my award extended until DWP could work through their review backlog.
It can help put some pressure on your MP to act if you copy your email to the Select Committee on Work and Pensions, (their email is readily available by google search) so they are aware of how DWP is falling down on the job.
Good luck.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid