× Members

PIP video assesment in 14 days time letter received today

More
9 months 1 week ago #286617 by jaxxy00
So sorry if this is in the wrong section but im in a bit of a panic. I received an appointment letter today for 14 days time for an assement by video call. Ive now checked my emails and see that the forum is closed tonight until 17th Jan. Ive also discovered im not a current member which i thiought i was. So ive quickly joined and and now on here looking. Ive been trying to put it out my mind today, until after xmas day and look into it on Tuesday once xmas day is out the way. I will be honest, im gutted it arrived today as i will have it on my mind and will in the background and spoil xmas.
Anyway, am i right in thinking i can only post in here until 9.30pm tonight and then not untiil 17th Jan? Im just off to bed when i saw my subscriber email say about closure etc. Im assuming i will be able to read the guides etc, just not ask questions?
Sorry if this doesnt make much sense but im tired, off to bed and in a panic now. I was worried before but im even more so now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286620 by Gary
Hi jaxxy00

You are correct, the forum will close tonight at 9.30 pm and will not re-open until Tuesday 16thJanuary 2024.

You will still be able to access the guides.

If you have a look at our PIP guide at the link below you will see that there are a number of pages which include advice on telephone/video assessments. Yes, a lot of the questions are those that would have been asked if you had a face to face assessment.
benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

- Write yourself a bullet point list of any particular points you want to get over, so you have it by you during the assessment, tick them as you cover them during the assessment.
- have paper and pens to hand to make any notes such as the assessors name, date, time
- Record the assessment surreptitiously. (Never trust that there won't be a problem with their equipment!)
- make sure you are seated in a comfortable chair, you are going to be there a while and at table to make notes
- if you can't hear or understand what is being asked then ask them to repeat the question
- don’t let the assessor rush you and get you flustered.
- don't forget to have a glass of water if needed so you don't get a dry throat and lose your voice!

I have been informed by claimants that if the video equipment is not working, the assessor will then go for a telephone assessment instead, the same advice applies.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Gary

Don't forget to contact DWP 48 hours after the assessment and ask for a copy of the assessors report called PA4.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaxxy00

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid