× Members

Move to universal credit from legacy benifits

More
9 months 1 week ago #286559 by skyblue4u
Hello I have a very specific question on behalf of my son regarding subject matter that is not covered in B&W guides or in fact struggling to find any information anywhere as to where he personally stands when in translations from legacy benifit ESA to universal credit. Do you answer specific questions on Universal credit, if so please advise and I will do my best to explain my query.
He is in the support group of ESA and has been for many years since its conversion from incapacity benefit which he’d been on from around 1992. He is also on higher rate PIP for mobility and daily living. He also has a private disability pension which is not reduced due to his legacy benefits and the length of time he’s been on them. As a couple they also claim tax child/work tax credits which they are fully entitled to as wife works. His private pension is not actually taken into account when calculating child/working tax credits due to the type of disability pension he gets. All very complex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286576 by Gary
Hi skyblue4u

We do not answer specific questions as we do not have all the relevant information, we would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; url=https://advicelocal.uk] advicelocal.uk [/url] .

As your son is in receipt of Tax Credits, they will at some stage be invited to claim UC, they should not apply until they get an invite letter from DWP, if not they will loose any transitional protection.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid