× Members

Blue Badge Question

More
9 months 1 week ago #286487 by Peter Dempster
I applied for pip then 2 weeks later I applied for a blue badge and was awarded it for 3 years i ring pip I told them they uploaded on their system, when I got my telephone assessment I asked the Assessor where they aware I got awarded the blue badge they acknowledge this , yet when I got my decision letter I was only awarded 4 points on mobility they said I could stand and move 50m but no more than 200m aided , I asked for a copy of the report the Assessor said in it I had applied for a blue badge which is not correct, my question is should I have been awarded more points in mobility because I already had been awarded the blue badge and should I bring this up in the Mandatory Reconsideration thanks.
Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286501 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Blue Badge Question
Hi Peter

I have moved your post, as we ask people not to ask questions on someone else's post so the answers don't become confused.

The DWP's assessment for PIP works entirely independently from any assessment someone might have had on a prior occasion for a blue badge, which is issued by local councils. So, although you had been awarded the Blue Badge from the council, that doesn't mean you should automatically have been awarded the mobility component for PIP.

It would have been different if the DWP had awarded you the mobility component of PIP, and then you'd applied for a blue badge - In which case you would have been awarded the blue badge automatically.

If you disagree with the DWP over your mobility - then you should challenge it in your MR. Just don't try to argue that you have a blue badge - so that means you should be awarded the mobility component. Talk about the difficulties you have in terms of the PIP criteria.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 1 week ago #286523 by honeyhoney
Replied by honeyhoney on topic Blue Badge Question
Hi

When it comes to Blue Badge.
I had a question: do you have a Blue Badge?
My answer: No, but I still make my son park in a handicapped spot when visiting the doctor because I have mobility problems.

I just received Decisions (I'm still waiting for the HP report) mobility: "0" points

As you can see, it's a "mad house"
if you have a Blue Badge it's to your detriment,
if you don't have it it's also to your detriment :)

More
9 months 1 week ago #286563 by Mollie
Replied by Mollie on topic Blue Badge Question
I was on my third Blue Badge when I applied for PIP, and sent them copies of all of them. I still got nil points for mobility and standard for daily living. This was increased to enhanced for daily living and standard for mobility after a MR. I appealed and before the Tribunal date came through, they upped the award to enhanced for both. I think they give the lowest award they feel they can get away with, in the hope you are worn out and can't fight any longer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid