× Members

Which benefit to claim ?

More
9 months 1 week ago #286405 by GM
Which benefit to claim ? was created by GM
Hi ,

Looking for some advice. I have been having issues with my mental health all of my adult life.
I used to receive ESA many years ago but was able to go into work after some time.

Recently , my condition has worsened and I am unable to work at the moment. I'm currently on company sick pay but I think this will stop after a month or so.

I'm confused with what I should apply for , also I'm from Scotland so should I apply for Scottish Disability Payment so should I apply for that before PIP ?

Also I used to receive the disability elament of working tax credits but I was getting regular letters and letters in error about owing money that it was making me anxious so I stopped the payment of this at that time ( 8 years ago ). Is there anywhere that I should state this when claiming or do they not look as far back ?

Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286431 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Which benefit to claim ?
Hi GM

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

As you live in Scotland you will not be able to claim PIP, you may be able to claim the Scotish version of PIP called ADP (Adult Disability Payment).

We would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights organisation; advicelocal.uk

You may want to wait for them to contact you about any overpayment, I doubt that they will forget, as they bring on newer systems they are digging up older cases, unfortunately older cases are only statue barred from taking you to court to recover the overpayment, it does not stop them from deducting an overpayment from your current claim.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: GM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid