× Members

ir ESA to UC migration

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286393 by clearwater
ir ESA to UC migration was created by clearwater
Is the ir ESA to UC mandatory migration all online nowdays, are you sent a migratio notice form in the post and then make a claim for UC on another claim form

i asked this elsewhere but it seems no one knows for certain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286414 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ir ESA to UC migration
c

At the risk of sounding pedantic, the migration is not mandatory, you may have no other option due to your financial circumstances, but there is still a choice for you to make.

When your postcode is made live for the Managed migration you will receive a leaflet about the migration. This is not an invitation for you to claim UC and you should not make a claim at this time as you will lose any protection that the migration offers.

At some time after this, when your circumstances meet the criteria for transfer, you will receive a Migration Notice, giving you three months to make a new claim for UC, if you fail to do this by the required date then your existing means-tested benefit claims will be closed.

There is nothing special about applying for UC due to a Migration Notice, the preferred method is online but there are other methods available.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: clearwater

More
9 months 1 week ago #286442 by clearwater
Replied by clearwater on topic ir ESA to UC migration
Gordon thank you for your always clear advise, yes i relilise it is not mandatory, my poorly crafted posted stress and anqiety, unfortunately there has been a deluge of information, re all this whole WCA and UC migration etc etc, it has become a complete blur.

Anyway again thanks, the thought of having to haul my tired body down to the Job Centre triggered this of, but if (when) the forms arrive i shall fill in and return I am awre of claiming early and losing transitional elements but thanks for mentioning
When your postcode is made live for the Managed migration you will receive a leaflet about the migration.
Gordon says (This is not an invitation for you to claim UC and you should not make a claim at this time as you will lose any protection that the migration offers.)

I do watch all this, and and mostly in control, but when stress creeps in, Hey Presto logic, vanishes.

i am really so grateful, for the likes of you and B&W it really is a lifesaver for me.

Sincerely Clearwater

More
9 months 1 week ago #286446 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ir ESA to UC migration
c

Just to clarify.

You will not be sent a form to claim UC, you will receive a letter inviting you to do so but it will be solely up to you to make the claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: clearwater

More
9 months 1 week ago #286460 by clearwater
Replied by clearwater on topic ir ESA to UC migration
Gordon sorry to labour this, how do i make a claim, the last time i made a claim i think was 2006/7 ish, everything has sort of rolled on, IB changed to ESA and later DLA went to PIP altho' i had a F2F luckily the lady accessor was very helpfull then later reviews etc etc

after they send a letter inviting you to claim UC, can i phone them and ask for a claim UC form ?

ca

More
9 months 1 week ago #286461 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ir ESA to UC migration
Hi clearwater

UC is digital by default, as far as I am aware there are no paper forms, for claimants who do not have internet access, they can apply by telephone or a visiting officer can call and help apply via their electronic devices.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.