× Members

ir ESA to UC migration

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286393 by clearwater
ir ESA to UC migration was created by clearwater
Is the ir ESA to UC mandatory migration all online nowdays, are you sent a migratio notice form in the post and then make a claim for UC on another claim form

i asked this elsewhere but it seems no one knows for certain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286414 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ir ESA to UC migration
c

At the risk of sounding pedantic, the migration is not mandatory, you may have no other option due to your financial circumstances, but there is still a choice for you to make.

When your postcode is made live for the Managed migration you will receive a leaflet about the migration. This is not an invitation for you to claim UC and you should not make a claim at this time as you will lose any protection that the migration offers.

At some time after this, when your circumstances meet the criteria for transfer, you will receive a Migration Notice, giving you three months to make a new claim for UC, if you fail to do this by the required date then your existing means-tested benefit claims will be closed.

There is nothing special about applying for UC due to a Migration Notice, the preferred method is online but there are other methods available.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: clearwater

More
9 months 1 week ago #286442 by clearwater
Replied by clearwater on topic ir ESA to UC migration
Gordon thank you for your always clear advise, yes i relilise it is not mandatory, my poorly crafted posted stress and anqiety, unfortunately there has been a deluge of information, re all this whole WCA and UC migration etc etc, it has become a complete blur.

Anyway again thanks, the thought of having to haul my tired body down to the Job Centre triggered this of, but if (when) the forms arrive i shall fill in and return I am awre of claiming early and losing transitional elements but thanks for mentioning
When your postcode is made live for the Managed migration you will receive a leaflet about the migration.
Gordon says (This is not an invitation for you to claim UC and you should not make a claim at this time as you will lose any protection that the migration offers.)

I do watch all this, and and mostly in control, but when stress creeps in, Hey Presto logic, vanishes.

i am really so grateful, for the likes of you and B&W it really is a lifesaver for me.

Sincerely Clearwater

More
9 months 1 week ago #286446 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ir ESA to UC migration
c

Just to clarify.

You will not be sent a form to claim UC, you will receive a letter inviting you to do so but it will be solely up to you to make the claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: clearwater

More
9 months 1 week ago #286460 by clearwater
Replied by clearwater on topic ir ESA to UC migration
Gordon sorry to labour this, how do i make a claim, the last time i made a claim i think was 2006/7 ish, everything has sort of rolled on, IB changed to ESA and later DLA went to PIP altho' i had a F2F luckily the lady accessor was very helpfull then later reviews etc etc

after they send a letter inviting you to claim UC, can i phone them and ask for a claim UC form ?

ca

More
9 months 1 week ago #286461 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ir ESA to UC migration
Hi clearwater

UC is digital by default, as far as I am aware there are no paper forms, for claimants who do not have internet access, they can apply by telephone or a visiting officer can call and help apply via their electronic devices.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid