× Members

ESA50: can I send back the form and additional evidence in a larger envelope?

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286394 by Jenga
Put it in a larger envelope and pay for special delivery, forget the Freepost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286395 by Robbie
Now that I've sent off the form, what should I expect next? It's almost 5 years ago since I last completed an ESA50 and i can't remember what happened after I posted the form. Will I get a text to say that the form has been received or to inform me how the review is progressing? I had a PIP review in March 2022 and got a couple of texts from PIP to update me on what was happening. For PIP I was given a paper assessment and it was done by the DWP Case Manager and not by a healthcare provider, the Case Manager said there was no need to refer it to IAS. For ESA I expect it will be the healthcare provider who will look at the form and not the DWP although I'm not sure exactly how it works these days. Will the first I hear about my ESA review most likely be an appointment letter for an assessment? Or will there be text contact before that?

More
9 months 1 week ago #286415 by BIS
Hi Robbie

Unfortunately, we can't answer your question with any certainty. The sending of texts is variable; some people get them, and some don't.

I'm afraid you will have to wait and see what type of assessment you are given. I can't tell you whether you will receive a letter or a text first. I hope that if they decided to do a paper-based assessment for your PIP they might do the same for ESA - but there is never any guarantee.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbie, Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid