× Members

Unsure what to do

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286090 by worrywart
Unsure what to do was created by worrywart
Hi I have a 10 year award for high care and mob. I have three stoma bags following serious bowel surgery, plus a host of other problems , psychological and physical . My family got me a therapy dog who is great and helps me smile. Sometimes if I feel ok I take him for a short walk but now I’m worried about this as I have a motability car. I dint drive myself as I’m too anxious plus have cataracts so can’t see properly. Should I tell Dwp about the dog and occasional short walks, I’m afraid of losing everything but I dint want to get into trouble. Before I walk I top up on painkillers and have to wear pads, life is hard with 3 bags and this little dog is my lifeline.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286095 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Unsure what to do
Hi worrywart,

If you check your descriptors on your award, and see how many points you were given for the mobility walking part, I'd imagine that as long as you're still within the 50 metres and 4 days or more per week you are affected, then you should be okay. I think you're entitled too for help towards keeping your mental health active as well - if that makes sense.
I don't think they will need to be informed if someone is driving the motability car on your behalf, or taking you places, I'm pretty sure this is allowed.

One of the other more experienced mods should be able to follow this up, as they know the rules and have had years more experience in answering these types of questions, I will keep a check and follow it up. :)

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: worrywart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid