× Members

moving into sheltered housing

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286074 by diceman24
moving into sheltered housing was created by diceman24
good evening, i live with my mum and i am moving to a sheltered housing accommodation i currently recieved universal credit and lcwra and h/r both dla. i dont claim hb at my mothers house but when i move with in same council will it trigger a new u/c claim or new dla to pip claim when i claim housing benefit for new place any help would be great thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286077 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic moving into sheltered housing
Hi diceman24

Unless Sheltered Housing Accommodation comes under supported accommodation then all you need to do is to contact UC and let them know how much you have to pay in rent and service charges, not all service charges are eligible, any that are ineligible will not be covered by UC.

Moving will not affect your DLA, you will have to notify both UC and DWP that you have moved, you will also have to let your local authority know in regards to claiming council tax support, if you are single then you will get a 25% single person discount.

One thing to look out for with sheltered accommodation is that most sheltered accommodation come under UC and not HB, so check with the local authority first.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: diceman24

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid