× Members

State pension age and new pip application

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286042 by Will
Hi, I'm 65 in February 2024, so won't get my state pension until I'm 66, if I survive that long? Presumably I must apply before my 66th?
My question is:
What is the latest date I could apply, day before my 66th?
As long as I've at least made the phone call or set wheels in motion online when available where I am, is the timing of the application acceptable, even though if successful I wouldn't get it until after 66th?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286078 by Gary
Hi Will

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Ignore 65, this no longer exists for state pension age, you can check with the Gov web site as to the date to reach state pension age; www.gov.uk/state-pension-age

Providing you apply before you reach your state pension age you may be eligible to claim PIP, would I leave it up to the last day before I receive my state pension before applying, I doubt it.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid