× Members

Review time for PIP

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286035 by Williamsmp
Review time for PIP was created by Williamsmp
Hi I had a text from DWP saying they had received my form on 15th Nov do you have any idea how long the process takes at the moment ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286051 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Review time for PIP
Hi Williamsmp

We can't give you an accurate timeframe at the moment. Many factors affect the timescale including time to process files, decide on the assessment type, allocating an appointment and available assessor and so on. It might also might depend on where in the country you are based and whether there are available assessors.

The fastest time we have heard from the form being sent to the DWP and the claimant receiving the decision letter has been 6 weeks - and that was a paper-based decision. Most other types of assessments (telephone, video or face-to-face take much longer. The shortest time I've heard recently has been 16 weeks from start to finish, but many people have been waiting much longer than that - the worst being 18 months.

Sorry not to be able to give you a clear picture.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286069 by Williamsmp
Replied by Williamsmp on topic Review time for PIP
Thank you xx

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid