× Members

Pip tribunal

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285966 by Brian
Pip tribunal was created by Brian
Good afternoon, I have challenged a PIP award been through mandatory reconsideration and put in a tribunal appeal. The courts service said that they would give the DWP till 5/12/23 to respond. I have heard nothing since from either. What is next if the DWP haven’t replied and do I have to chase it up?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285967 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Pip tribunal
Hi Brian,

This exact thing happened to me, and unfortunately, the DWP (unlike the claimant) are given additional time to respond back to the courts, due to the workload. It's usually another month, and then you'll find that the courts will respond back to you saying that they've received the DWP's response, and are reviewing the information.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285980 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Pip tribunal
Hi,

If I may.......

I, too, was in this situation; the date for DWP to respond came and went.
I emailed HMCTS asking for an update to be advised (taken from the email): "Currently the Tribunal are reviewing appeals 21 days after a response is due. If there is no response when the appeal is reviewed then the appeal will be sent to the Judiciary for a decision to be made on how the appeal should proceed."
The 21 days came and went, yet still nothing from DWP.
6 weeks after the additional 21 days and 11 weeks after requesting a tribunal, I received notification from HMCTS that DWP have changed their mind in my favour. I went from Enhanced Daily Living and only 4 points for Mobility, with an assessment in 3 years to Enhanced for both and the review period changed to ongoing.
Andy

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285986 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Pip tribunal
Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your information!
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286004 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Pip tribunal
Great to hear Andy well done

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286012 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Pip tribunal
Hi Brian,
Thank you.
I hope my comments gave you hope and an understanding that these things can go on for a while.
Andy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.