× Members

Pip Review on State Pension

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285960 by Julia
Pip Review on State Pension was created by Julia
Hi All,

I received a text two days ago from IAS saying they are managing my Pip assessment. I'm quite frankly scared as to why they are looking at my review forms as I became an OAP in May 2023. Both Pip awards ran until Sept 2023 tho I received and returned the dreaded 24 page AR1 forms in February 2023.

My question is should I have even received the AR1 form as my retirement came 4 months before Pip expired. Any other retired claimants experienced this? I never received a 'light touch ongoing award' letter and feel I'm being singled out as I've had to fight for every award including a tribunal decision under Leap Review.

My condition has deteriorated since Nov 2020 but I am 3 years older. What do IAS expect. Am I now an all singing and dancing claimant since reaching retirement age? Oh how I wish! I'm really worried that I'll be called for assessment or just have benefits inc PC completely severed.

Anybody else been in this situation and what was their outcome? Am being physically sick with worry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285998 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip Review on State Pension
Hi Julia

I know it feels as if you are being singled out - but you haven't been, to my knowledge.

Your PIP was about to expire, and you didn't already have an ongoing award - hence no light touch review at this stage.

Hopefully, some retired members will be able to tell you what their experience has been. I do remember some other members saying a similar thing had happened, but don't know whether we heard about their eventual outcome.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid