× Members

And here it starts.....

• UB40 Rumrunner
9 months 3 weeks ago #285957 by UB40 Rumrunner
Replied by UB40 Rumrunner on topic And here it starts.....
I have also received many similar messages. It's just more clap trap of 'this is the way we can help everyone.' We have the miraculous cure to change people's health and the economy in one flick of a switch. I've had 8 of these 'invites' this year, and ignored all. Funnily enough, their still using the same idiots as on the work programme. Without stating the obvious, if they had a brain cell between them, they'd vet where and who these invites are targeted. Because effectively speaking, they can be as mandatory as they like but, there is going to be a host of reasons why people will not be able to participate in their games of building paper planes and talking about their mental health in public.

If its a mandatory thing it should state clearly that it is. If it says your being mandated then its the same imo. If none of these are mentioned, I'd ignore.imo. I appreciate why this will play on people's minds.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• UB40 Rumrunner
9 months 3 weeks ago #285959 by UB40 Rumrunner
Replied by UB40 Rumrunner on topic And here it starts.....
Hi Chris,

"If people are too ill to do something, and have had decades of therapy and cbd, and councilling etc for it, and it hasn't worked, then I can't see how they can force someone into something they can't physically or mentally handle. I genuinely feel it for the job centre staff having to deal with such issues."

I couldn't agree more with you. However, i could not with JC staff. Met many over the past 8 years, and not one has been helpful. Found them to be bloody condescending every step of the way.Can only speak as i have found.

I've heard them relish how they can, and were going to treat clamaiants when they were not aware i was listening in. Headphones in but switched off. I've always said they need a taste of what it's like to be treated like crap at the other side of their desk and thanks to Ai , that day could be coming...soon.

We are seen as a statistic, not human beings with feelings and aspirations. The latter, a firm indication as to the quality of training on offer the last 20 years' Now in 2023 and nothings changed and nothing will only the relentless conditionality and bullying, set to increase. I hope for a better 2024 for all but not holding my breath.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285962 by Painter84
Replied by Painter84 on topic And here it starts.....
If it does not state that it is mandatory then I would think that you are not obligated to sign up. They are only asking if you would like to. So you should not have to worry about not doing it, you can say no or just not sign up to it.
Hope you receive a response soon confirming this to put your mind at rest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285963 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic And here it starts.....
Hi UB40,

I have only ever spoken to JC staff on the phone, and honestly can't fault how they've been with me. I first started claiming on and off in May 2020, and have had about 7 or 8 different work coaches - I've only had trouble with one lad from a different area who was the Finance Investigator, and he spoke like he was on a time limit of 1 minute to read out 10 pages of A4 or something, it was so fast, and I couldn't follow everything he asked for, and it nearly resulted in me getting a £50 fine for not supplying all the evidence, but I contested it, and won.

The various therapy I've had I think resulted from me being attacked when I was younger on a paper round off a gang of elder lads who attacked me with a plank of wood, and stole the papers. They were often in the Gazette for sniffing glue, drinking, and smashing and spray painting Gravestones, so that shows what type of people they were. I've also many other things that has happened to me when I was younger, and throughout my life, that has made me basically unable to travel on public transport, and struggle extremely badly with liaising with people, unless I have support.

Thank you for your statement though, much appreciated, and I understand totally different opinions based on your own experience. Life isn't always what we make it, but sometimes what others have turned us into.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #285964 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic And here it starts.....
Hi Painter84,

I asked for a link so I could read what it involves, as I would need to compare what it offers and what I can cope with, before committing myself.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid