× Members

Diary Template

More
10 months 1 day ago #285826 by Preferanon
Diary Template was created by Preferanon
With the diary template you have in the guides, is it strictly necessary to it them rather than a handwritten diary? It seems to me there's perhaps too much boxed information required to complete it. The inadvertent effect could be to make the assessor think of more questions or wonder why some boxes were left blank. I felt on looking over it we could be making ourselves a longer questionnaire.

Is the diary just a suggestion or will a handwritten diary suffice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 14 hours ago #285834 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Diary Template
Hi Preferanon,

I believe that any form of writing would stand up in a court of law, no matter what form you've used. I would imagine that your diary would have dates and information, so it should be more than acceptable. I think this information in the guides could be to help with your chances of success, however I don't believe it is mandatory, as I was awarded PIP (both elements) and I've never once written a diary - simply stuck to what I have and how it affects me on a daily basis, and for what length of time.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Preferanon

More
10 months 5 hours ago #285860 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Diary Template
Hi Preferanon, On a claim for our daughter, I did a diary by attempting to call her or text her most days. Then I made a table in Word/libre office. It had columns for date, result, and comment. So for example

1st Dec 2023 4pm tried to call, no reply This is the third day running
6pm ----ditto
I have had no reply, this
means XXXX is very
depressed as if she is not
depressed she likes
chatting with Mum.

A couple of weeks of this seemed to carry a lot of weight. I did it this way as with Chronic Fatigue there is no way she could keep a diary herself. For me typing it up is easier, but handwriting is fine, actually might appear more convincing?
Hope this may help,
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, Preferanon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid