× Members

Including Pages from Summary Care record with New Claim

More
10 months 1 day ago #285790 by Waxwing
Hello

My brother has started his new claim this week.

He requested a copy of his summary care record and his listed problems and record were out of date and he needed to update them after multiple calls to the surgery. He has had his updated summary care record and it is 12 pages.

He wants to know please can he just include a list of his problems and list of his medication from his Summary Care record (example just include pages 1 and 2 of 12) or does he need to include all of the pages. The rest of the pages do not include much information that would help his claim but he is concerned that if he does not include them then they could question what was on the rest of the pages that are missing.

Thank you in advance
Waxwing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 day ago #285816 by Gary
Hi Waxwing

Your brother needs to check the Summary Care record carefully, I came across one recently which was poorly written, it gave a list of conditions which was useful but the actual report I decided not to use as there were lots of grey areas, DWP do not grey areas such as good and bad days, I always say has bad and worse days especially when talking about COPD, a client once said to me it is a life debilitating condition and will not get better.

So in answer to your question, yes he can list his conditions and medications, he may also want to list any side effects from taking the medication and list any medications he is not able to take due to side effects.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Waxwing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid