× Members

Should she claim PIP?

More
10 months 2 days ago #285759 by KDM
Should she claim PIP? was created by KDM
My daughter has been in the ESA support group for many years, due to anxious avoidant personality disorder and generalised anxiety disorder. Her anxiety became so bad that she developed a problem with swallowing her food properly and it takes her an hour or so to eat a meal that I can finish in minutes.

The anxiety and stress caused by claiming ESA has prevented her from wanting to make a PIP claim however, I’m concerned that might put her at a disadvantage when ESA eventually migrates to UC.

Can anyone advise please?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 days ago #285772 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Should she claim PIP?
Hi KDM

Only your daughter can decide whether she wants to apply for PIP. I can understand her reluctance as applying for any benefit is a stressful experience, and clearly, her medical conditions make it additionally challenging.

If she decides that she doesn't wish to apply, I don't think that puts her at a disadvantage when migration takes place. There are plenty of claimants who only claim ESA/UC and who never apply for PIP.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KDM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid