× Members

Pip Appeal result

More
10 months 1 day ago #285806 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip Appeal date
Hi Tilly

Glad to hear you managed to phone them. Let's hope they listen.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 11 hours ago #285831 by Tilly
Replied by Tilly on topic Pip Appeal date
I have had an email from the Tribunal saying the legal officer has refused my request for a telephone hearing so I must attend.

More
10 months 8 hours ago #285838 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip Appeal date
Hi Tilly

I am sorry to hear this. You may want to leave it there - or you may want to keep fighting. Did they give you any reason for needing to see you face to face rather than speak to you over the phone? If you haven't had a clear explanation - you should ask what it is and then I would be tempted to ask why they won't make a reasonable adjustment for you. You could (if you wanted to) ask them to make a paper-based decision. The risk of doing that is they then don't have the opportunity to ask you any questions, and your chance of success with a paper-based decision is decreased.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 7 hours ago #285844 by Tilly
Replied by Tilly on topic Pip Appeal date
Hi Bis
They not given a reason other than saying that anxiety is not enough as tribunal is used to dealing with people who have anxiety and will allow time and breaks and that it is better to see a person to enable them to explain their difficulties, Also if I have any further information, or evidence that I wish to provide in support of your application for a telephone hearing, then the application can be considered afresh. Any new application should provide full and sufficient grounds. It seems they have only considered my anxiety and not the depression or poor mobility. I also have Ischemic heart disease and angina I think I am going to have to try to attend just hope that I can cope on the day but thank you for your help

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286314 by Tilly
Replied by Tilly on topic Pip Appeal result
I had my Tribunal today and I won, I can’t thank you all enough for your advice and all the brilliant guides. I gone from 0 points to full award, it has been 2 years of fighting for me but thankfully got a fair hearing and result.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286331 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip Appeal result
Hi Tilly

Wow well done πŸŽ‰

You must be relieved, give yourself a pat on the back, you can now have a well deserved rest, just in time for Christmas πŸŽ…πŸ»

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid