× Members

Pip Appeal result

More
10 months 3 days ago #285739 by Tilly
Pip Appeal date was created by Tilly
I have had a date for my appeal 14th December, I had asked for a telephone hearing as I suffer with Anxiety, Depression and poor mobility, however my letter states for me to attend. Obviously I am worrying and panicking already, not sleeping since I had the letter. I am really not sure how I will cope on the day my family are very supportive but I know my anxiety can get the better of me. Am I right in thinking that as the tribunal has chosen an oral hearing then I have to attend in person.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 days ago #285746 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Pip Appeal date
Hi Tilly,

I put my assessment for PIP at the tribunal as paper only, so I didn't have to attend, and still was awarded both elements of PIP.
You are correct in thinking that an oral hearing means you have to attend in person, however, they do tend to favour the claimant.

Good luck with it!

Regards, Chris

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 2 days ago #285752 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Appeal date
T

There are two types of appeal hearing, a Paper hearing where the Decision will be made solely on the papers in front of the panel and an Oral hearing where the claimant participates in the hearing. Traditionally this has meant the claimant attending at a Tribunal venue but can now also mean a video hearing or a telephone hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
10 months 2 days ago #285764 by Waxwing
Replied by Waxwing on topic Pip Appeal date
I am not sure if this is correct and I stand corrected but you could telephone the tribunal service or email them if you did an online appeal claim and ask them to change your appeal hearing to a Telephone hearing as a reasonable adjustment under the Equalities Act 2010 and explain why you cannot do a face to face tribunal.

If this is not correct mods then please correct me.
Thanks
Waxwing

More
10 months 2 days ago #285773 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip Appeal date
Hi Tilly

I would ring the Tribunal Service and ask them to change the type of appeal hearing.

BIS

More
10 months 1 day ago #285796 by Tilly
Replied by Tilly on topic Pip Appeal date
Thank you I have contacted the Tribunal service and asked for a telephone hearing they are going to check and let me know thanks for the advice
Tilly

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid