× Members

Mandatory appeal or change of circumstances?

More
10 months 4 days ago #285664 by loumadd
HI guys,

I hope you are all well.

Any advice or thoughts?

I've Bipolar Disorder and awarded standard living for PIP in March, i was delighted. My symptoms vary so frequently but feel since March I've got worse and finally getting around to informing DWP of changes to my condition. I've only just been in the right frame of mind to take in the content of the outcome report and am shocked to see how many errors are in it, evidence not taken into account and I do believe I haven't been awarded the right points

Do I consider doing a mandatory appeal or do a change of circumstance as I can put my evidence across this way,? I'm also not sure how to get a copy of my original application and the questions and my answers from the assessment. When I submitted the application I think I could have included more evidence.

I'm exhausted with everything! Part of me thinks leave it as I'm grateful for the payment, but the other part wants to stand up for myself.

Thanks, Lou
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 4 days ago #285683 by BIS
Hi Loumadd

If your condition has deteriorated since March and you were assessed in March, you should put in for a change of circumstances. You could put in for a late MR, but they will judge you on the information you provided at the time and in your own words, you said that you did not put in as much information as you could have in your application. They will also ignore any deterioration that has happened since that date.

In order to get a copy of your information - you will need to put in a subject access request and ask for it. This could take some time. Whenever you send something to the DWP, make sure to photocopy, scan, or photograph it so you always have a record. It makes it much easier when you have to challenge or apply for something again.

Make sure that you have read through the guide to PIP claims and reviews and see where you think you will earn extra points and how to make your answers as strong as possible.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , loumadd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid