× Members

UC cost of living

More
10 months 1 week ago #285536 by riversong
UC cost of living was created by riversong
Hi i was on UC/ESA i received a payment on 5/9/23 i thought that this made me eligable for the cost of living payment, when i never received it. i phoned up and was informed, as i am now on jobseekers allowance, i am not entitled to the payment, i was wondering is this corrrect, i have been benefits since August and am waiting for a date for the WCA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285537 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC cost of living
r

I'm not entirely sure what benefits you are claiming as you mention three but I will do my best to answer.

If you are receiving New Style ESA or JSA then you are not eligible for the payment.

You are eligible for the Cost of Living Payment of £300 if you were entitled to a payment (or later found to be entitled to a payment) of Universal Credit for an assessment period that ended in the period 18 August 2023 to 17 September 2023.

You said that you are not currently entitled to any payments at the moment, this could be the reason that you will not receive the Cost of Living Payment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 1 week ago #285547 by riversong
Replied by riversong on topic UC cost of living
my next payment is jobseekers on the 30/11/23/ i received a payment from UC on the 5/11/23 dont know if it is new style or any other thanks

More
10 months 1 week ago #285549 by riversong
Replied by riversong on topic UC cost of living
sorry for the confusion i was signed off by GP with a fit note in August i am on both UC and JS allowance although one cancels out the other i recived a payment from UC sept 5th i am now getting payment from JS i have A work coach but dont have to apply for jobs, JS say i am not entitled to the COL payment because i was not claiming JS during the qualifying dates, but i had a paymenT from UC 5th Sept and have been claiming out of wok benefits thoughout that period

More
10 months 1 week ago #285551 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC cost of living
Hi riversong

To answer your question, we need specific information, the majority of claimants in receipt of JSA are based on contributions and therefore not means tested, although I have come across claimants who receive JSA not based on contributions, which is rare, but as Gordon previously stated you are eligible for the Cost of Living Payment of £300 if you were entitled to a payment (or later found to be entitled to a payment) of Universal Credit for an assessment period that ended in the period 18 August 2023 to 17 September 2023.

I would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk they will be able to take all your circumstances into consideration.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: riversong

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid