× Members

PIP review - time running out, Please could anyone help

More
10 months 1 week ago #285522 by Tracy Fairchild
Hello everyone.

I wonder anyone could help me with some advice. My Husband received his PIP review on 28th April 2023. He needed to request an extension, and so he returned his PIP review on 14th June 2023

He has not heard anything as yet, but I know it can take time. My first question, is that his PIP expires in March 2024, when that time comes, if he still has not been reviewed, will his monthly PIP payment continue, or will it stop?

And secondly, his blue badge expires in March 2024, please, what will happen with this.

Many thanks for any advice that you may give.

All the best, Tramelia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285525 by Chris
Hi Tracy,

I'm not sure if the PIP extensions are still continuing or not, one of the more experienced mods would have to answer that. Hopefully they are, or if not, hopefully you've heard back from DWP by then.

As for your blue badge - I believe it's your local council you contact in relation to them. It is where I live, and a place called the STAR centre - not sure if it's the same in other parts of the country, but hopefully this information will help.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 1 week ago #285565 by traceytracey
Hi Tracy,

Similar thing happened to me. Basically when my award was due to end (I think 30 or 35 days before) They sent me a new certificate of entitlement and award letter with an extended date on. (which allowed me to re-new my blue badge)if you havn't had your review by then, they should extend it.
I think I would def call them in the new year to confirm?

Good luck

More
10 months 1 week ago #285579 by BIS
Hi Tracy Fairchild

Your husband's PIP should continue even if the review has taken place. Although you should hear from them, I would contact them no later than 12 weeks before the end date and ask them what is happening. They are used to people asking this question, so you shouldn't worry about asking. At the same time, you can ask about the certificate of entitlement and explain that your husband needs to renew his blue badge. Hopefully, they will do as they did for traceytracey and send you one with an extended date on it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
10 months 1 week ago #285590 by blueshouter
I'm in a similar situation with my pip ending in 10 weeks.
I phoned up today and was told there is an average 42 week wait on pip review times.
They said that to wait until 6 weeks before yor pip is due to end and you should by then have been sent a letter with a 12 month extension, if you haven't by 6 weeks, call them back
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
9 months 4 weeks ago #285868 by Wayne
Yes they are still doing extensions I have had one 2 weeks extension hope this helps

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid