× Members

Forced therapy and 'treatment' under planned proposals just announcedFIGHTBACK

More
10 months 1 week ago #285512 by Woodlandwonderer
As far as I can see, these proposals announced are gaslighting and fear mongering of the worst kind.

I have arthritis and various other health conditions. I am trying to manage my condition through physio which doesn't mean it will go away but the side effects of meds on offer have not helped.

Hunt and co appear to be saying today that - unless people accept 'treatments' that are offered by the government including perhaps forced counselling - they will be denied benefits.

This is not only unethical it seems to me, it is also not going to work on any level.

Counsellors and mental health practitioners have a code of ethics that they need to sign up to. Members of BACP for example.

You cannot and should not insinuate that you can force people to have counselling, mental health treatment or indeed medications.

Patients and people are OFFERED treatment but it is up to human beings to decide what works for us.

It is a HUMAN RIGHT and a principle of the NHS. Patient choice!

What on earth and they SUGGESTING and are they at that level of stupid that they actually believe that would be even possible!

:(
The following user(s) said Thank You: brianljnr, Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid