× Members

Tribunal PIP Appeal

More
10 months 1 week ago #285474 by Glennis
Tribunal PIP Appeal was created by Glennis
My daughter, diagnosed with Decompensated Liver Disease, was successful at PIP Tribunal on 16/11/2023, the judge awarded enhanced rate for Daily Living and enhanced rate for Mobility backdated to November 2022 till 2026. Presiding were a Judge, Doctor, Disability representative and DWP representative. Initially DWP awarded my daughter 4 points after telephone assessment, a report followed stating “she (my daughter) was heard to walk away from the phone to collect her prescription list”, she was in bed and her bedroom is carpeted, plus “her daughter did not provide any emotional support”. Surely by my granddaughter being with her mum was supportive. The Judge and doctor did say my daughter “had a good mum” but I could not have put together a truthful account/claim on her behalf without the help of Benefits and Work’s written advice and exceptional videos. I feel I need to mention The British Liver Trust, who also have been invaluable with their advice and support during this arduous 12 month journey. Please don’t give up members there is light at the end of the tunnel. Also today my daughter has heard from St James hospital in Leeds to be assessed for a liver transplant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Gary, LL26

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285492 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Tribunal PIP Appeal
Hi Glennis

Thank you for your kind words, the back office do a very good job in keeping the guides up to date and producing the videos and news letter.

Hope everything goes well with your daughter's assessment.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid