× Members

Thoughts on Hunt's likely proposals

More
10 months 1 week ago #285505 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Thoughts on Hunt's likely proposals
This is it - there are plenty genuine people out there who have worked for years, myself including over 20 plus years, and we're being penalised now because of our ill health and disabilities. It's shocking, it really is.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Claire53

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #285510 by taniaw67
Replied by taniaw67 on topic Thoughts on Hunt's likely proposals
Sorry, this is so long.

I’ve just gone through review process and having to put in appeal. The anxiety was so bad I had to take Lorazepam on top of a list of medications.

I did work until huge episode-where I was hospitalised for 3 weeks and then 3 months day patient. Diagnosed bipolar.

When I got back to work, I found my deputy had being lying about me. I went back in original position. However, even in front of me she was claiming my work and ideas were hers. I was demoted and she took my job. It had been the plan since I went into hospital just I wasn’t informed. I’d been there 15 years and distress of losing friends at work meant I worked at home.

I’d become ‘unstable’ around people - I was ‘unreliable’ at home as I was crippled by anxiety with deadlines and knowing I was being monitored over the internet.

I had regularly self-harmed over the entire 15yr and would work 60hr weeks. Manic.

When I broke, and made redundant I was unable to work again. I’d lost all trust/interviews would leave me unable to sleep the night before.

With medication I have tramadol for chronic pain and a cocktail for my mental health. My concentration is poor and I can fall asleep when reading/sitting at computer too, along with pain.

Stress can cause major episodes, self harming, erratic behaviour. I can’t do this as I have 11yr old twins one is autistic. If I’m unstable they suffer.

Already the other twin has become a young carer - prompting me and helping his brother if I start self harming we all suffer. Often I can’t get out of bed (mentally and physically), other times I will not sleep for 3 days.

I am currently holding it all together. I’m in support group now ESA. Enhanced PIP ongoing award, child tax credit. I’m going to have to go through the pressure of application process for UC - I’m dreading it and the 5 weeks of no income.

Then to hear you will be forced to look for home work or lose all benefits if you can’t is yet another strain. I’m in support group for a reason.

[removed]

So, ‘when I hear the words ‘economically inactive’ I hear ‘unworthy of life’.
Last edit: 10 months 1 week ago by Gordon. Reason: removed banned phrases
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Claire53

More
10 months 1 week ago #285513 by Woodlandwonderer
Replied by Woodlandwonderer on topic Thoughts on Hunt's likely proposals
You are holding down the most important job on the planet.

BEING A MOTHER.

Well done you for managing so far.

The shame does not belong to you, it belongs to the government for not helping in the way that they should be doing, and quite frankly deliberately scaring people.

I too, am a mother and went through various lockdowns with disabilities and home schooling terrified something might happen to my benefits.

Hang in there, if enough voices are raised they won't get away with this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Claire53

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid