× Members

Thoughts on Hunt's likely proposals

More
10 months 1 week ago #285383 by Chris
Hi All,

There's a lot of horror stories doing the rounds about Jeremy Hunt's proposals on 22nd November. Nobody actually knows until that date, but how are people feeling about the supposed changes involving Universal Credit and people having their money stopped if they don't accept a job. I'm terrified because I suffer from Social and Travel Anxiety, and my last 3 jobs I've had - one I was pushed out by HR and Occ Health after having a nervous breakdown due to lack of staff and poor management. The 2nd one I was pushed out because I was too far out my comfort zone to understand what I was doing, and when I asked for help, I was told that I need to teach myself by watching Youtube videos or asking companys about their programs, and the 3rd one, I ended up having 2 grievances in the space of 3 months with members of staff for bullying and speaking down to me and threatening me with the sack. I do actually look regularly for jobs, and try to find ones thats home based or near me in a small group, but it's difficult getting past the interview stage, and then trying to adapt to a totally new role, and fitting in with strangers when you struggle with anger/mixing etc.

Just wondering how others are feeling about this ?

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , ivyfox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285408 by Claire53
Replied by Claire53 on topic Thoughts on Hunt's likely proposals
I am finding it all so really frightening, that people with disabilities are being targeted yet again. with stopping of Prescriptions and free dental are not that anyone around here can find a dentist, but i need my medication delivered everyweek. I am fearful as i can not work no way, i have severe Anxiety panic attacks and according to CMHT avoidant personality disorder, i can not deal with people face to face i can become volatile . I can not complete a journey unless i have support, this is without my Psoriatic arthritis causing me physical pain in elbows ,knees, hips and feet . not too mention the constant need to void bladder and bowels when anxiety is so high. I am sick to death of Tories and how they are making assumptions about people who are disabled, why do they constantly pick. When i know plenty of people in UC who should be looking for work, yet they can spend every day down the PUB , Plus the Bill for universal Credit for people that are working due too companies not paying a decent wage to be able too live on, that is where the problems of UC money is spent , in work benefits it is ridiculous.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox, Chris

More
10 months 1 week ago #285494 by ivyfox
Replied by ivyfox on topic Thoughts on Hunt's likely proposals
I'm terrified, even more so after today's statement that 'there's a duty to work', even if you have MH, mobility issues etc.

I'd be really grateful for an item in the next B&W newsletter outlining the likely effects of the proposals once they are known. At least there's a chance then for us to prepare.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
10 months 1 week ago #285498 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Thoughts on Hunt's likely proposals
Hi ivyfox,

I'm feeling the same as you with being "terrified". Genuinely worried what I may be forced into, and if I can cope with it. If not, I'm sensing another bottle of Jack Daniels and pills will be back in my thought zone.

I think there will be thousands, if not millions more who feel the same.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , ivyfox

More
10 months 1 week ago #285501 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic Thoughts on Hunt's likely proposals
I am carer to my two autistic adult children. They both got LWCRA fairly easily and rightly so but anxious that they might be forced into situations they can't manage. They are both fragile and I would be worried for their wellbeing. They function at early teens at best and with the best will in the world they wouldn't function in a workplace or even working at home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
10 months 1 week ago #285504 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Thoughts on Hunt's likely proposals
My health has tanked since this came out a few days back. It's utterly terrifying, it's terrorism to those of us who GENUINELY can't work, I held a middle management job for a LA for 20 years, I'd love to still be there but my health means I've got zero chance. Yet here we are, with all these threats, it's vile.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , ivyfox, Claire53, Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid