× Members

Need some advise pls

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285347 by M
Need some advise pls was created by M
Hi, I have received decision back regarding my PIP claim, and one of the reasons from the case worker is that "I am under the care of GP and Asthma nurse at GP surgery, and I am not under any respiratory consultant." can you please advise is it mandatory have have been under respiratory consultant before DWP recognise that a person is having difficult asthma? I have seen respiratory consultant in the past but they left me by saying you need to rely on inhalers and precautions which I have tried to explain how my condition affect daily activities and mobility. regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285361 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Need some advise pls
Hi M

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

In answer to your question, it is not mandatory, but it does help if you are under a consultant.

When applying for PIP, it is not so much the condition per se that the DWP is interested in, but how that condition/s impacts a claimant's daily life and mobility as set out in the PIP criteria. We are not assessors or medical professionals, so cannot give a view on what you will get and at what level. Two people can have identical conditions but be given different awards.

Our guide to PIP claims and reviews goes through each question highlighting important issues that you need to consider in your answers and giving some sample answers; benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

PIP is not awarded because of the condition but rather the limitations that result and prevent a claimant from completing a range of everyday activities. It is the why part that is important in explaining your limitations.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 1 week ago #285369 by M
Replied by M on topic Need some advise pls
Thanks Gary, much appreciated.

I have reviewed the guides you have mentioned and found them very informative and helpful. I am going for the MC and have explained why I disagree with the original decision (as there was too many assumptions including the driving one) also I have elaborated few extra restrictions which was missed in form and telephone consultation.

I hope they consider my condition without making too many assumptions this time.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285387 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Need some advise pls
Hi M,

I think its all down to luck and who you get for the HCP - I myself have had an assessment for UC and PIP, and both times, the HCP told many lies on their papers, and things that simply weren't true. I had to MR, and then Tribunal both cases to get the result I wanted, although my UC one, I failed at the courts, but even then, some of the information they used was incorrect, so I am contesting that one also.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
10 months 1 week ago #285410 by M
Replied by M on topic Need some advise pls
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply I believe this is true there is an element of luck, also I believe like driving test they have target not to award people with pip and make it difficult which is unfair. All this MC and tribunal hassle is undue they should have competent staff to look and assess carefully and award points with due diligence to avoid undue stress and anxiety but that is something which is not happening at the moment. One has to fight to get the right award they deserve.
Best of luck with your claim.
Regards,
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
10 months 1 week ago #285427 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Need some advise pls
Hi M,

I totally agree with you - and it's tiring for so many fighting till the very end, that some just simply don't bother because they don't have the strength or willpower to keep fighting.

Good luck with all yours too.

Regards, Chris :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid