× Members

PIP (post-telephone assessment) feelings/ questions

More
10 months 1 week ago #285416 by denby
If I have to ring them, I go to the loo so I won't get uncomfortable and have a drink handy [Tea of course, what DId you think I meant?!] and get a wordsearch or something similarly occupying-but-not-too-demanding to pass the time.
Do you have a friend or supporter Jamesredbox, who could be with you if you do ask for the assessor's report, to open it and go through it with you when it comes? If this is possible you may feel it is worth doing, but if it's going to make you ill then don't request it.
Best, Denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285559 by jamesredbox
Replied by jamesredbox on topic PIP (post-telephone assessment) feelings/ questions
Thanks for the response Denby. I've requested the PA4 (assessor's report) now a day ago so let's hope it comes first class.

The person on the PIP phone line was helpful, they said the report was lengthy, as you would expect after a 2 hour phone assessment. They were reading the report and mentioned it was written that I had rapport with the person - I can only guess that is a good thing.

I should be able to cope with looking at the report. I was awarded all 2 points for daily living, except for 4 for eating and drinking prompting back in 2017. All is the same or worse now and I got enhanced then. My main concern is whilst all of my PIP review form was filled in clearly, that the telephone assessment could lead me to get a reduction. I did get a recording of the 2 hours, incidentally.

The questions that most worried me were as it went on so long I gave answers like I was experiencing problems with different activities 5 out of 7 days - I mean, does this sound like I've given too good a picture of myself? As the 2 hours went on I will admit that I felt worn down by it and like I was unable to fully give a proper picture.

Compare that with an in-person assessment alongside my Mum (who was there this time too) back in 2017 and that lasted about 45 minutes. I honestly cannot recall being asked so many questions then, at all. It just gives me the fear of something going wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT

More
10 months 1 week ago #285578 by BIS
Hi Hamesredbox

Your assessment was on the long side - but quite a few of our members have reported having ones of similar lengths. I honestly don't think you can read anything into the length - because some people have had a positive outcome and others haven't. So much depends on the assessor and whether they have read your form beforehand (not all do), their experience in following the PIP system, how many other assessments they have to do that day, and their nature.

As Gary says in a previous post, it is almost impossible to tell how they have gone, and I don't know of a single person who hasn't gone through the process who doesn't wish they had said or written something differently. Don't waste time worrying that it was different from the previous time - that is very common. It's done now and there's nothing you can do.

I hope that your PA4 report turns up quickly. If it doesn't arrive within 10 working days - ring again. I hope it indicates that you will get the award you are hoping for, but if it doesn't, get ready to write to the decision-maker before the actual decision is made. And come back and ask for help if you need it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid