× Members

Telephone interview without ESA113 returned

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285258 by Matt
Hi,
I have my telephone interview this coming Monday for ESA (old style) but I have just phoned up my DRs to request the filled in ESA113 form but have been told that they havent even processed it yet and it could be up to 28 days.
Is it normal for a phone interview to be conducted without the return of the ESA113?
Just really struggling with the whole process due to both mental and physical health as per previous posts.

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285260 by BIS
Hi Matt

The DWP will have asked the GP to return the ESA113 within a certain timeframe, but they won't hold up their own timeframe for assessing a claimant if the form is not returned on time.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285261 by Matt
My GP received it on the 2nd Nov. My first letter for interview was dated the 7th Nov. It's not physically possible for a GP to have returned it within that time frame. What rights do I have to ask them to postpone my telephone interview until the dr has returned the ESA113, specifically since in my ESA50 I have stated that to conduct an interview could provoke suicidal intentions? Im unsure why this has not triggered the 'substantial risk' clause?
Thank you in advance.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285267 by Gary
Hi Matt

You always have a right to pospone an appointment once, if you do then you usually have to accept the next appointment the assessor make, whether or not your Dr would have returned the form ESA113 by then is a gamble you take.

You need to get your doctor to write a letter which states that you suffer from overwhelming Psychological distress, if you can then the assessors could do a paper assessment.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid