× Members

Alternative format PIP review form

• originalgoldengirl
  • Topic Author
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285146 by originalgoldengirl
Alternative format PIP review form was created by originalgoldengirl
Apologies in advance for the long post.

Can I rant to people who will understand?! Received the dreaded text saying the review form had been sent out. Called them up and asked for the alternative format PDF form as completed for 2 previous PIP reviews and 2 ESA. She spoke to her case manager who assured me one would be sent our either that day or the next. Surprise, surprise, didn't receive one. Called again on 7 November (stress levels rising all the time, wanted to complete before going away), was told it had been emailed but they would contact the team and get another sent. Nothing. In the meantime I had also been emailing the alternative format team I had been in contact with previously, not even the courtesy of an acknowledgement. Called again today to be told by a case manager that they didn't do that anymore - why did nobody tell me that previously?! Asked him how I was supposed to complete the form in that case, he said they could send somebody out to do it - really? Told him there wouldn't be time before I went away, so he said send it when I got back, assuring me that I wouldn't be penalised, they wouldn't stop my PIP if I didn't get it back in time, blah, blah, blah. Evertually agreed the best way (my suggestion lol) was for me to type up, sign the form they sent and post it back to them. You couldn't make it up. He also told me they weren't doing light touch reviews and not to believe everything I read in the paper - had no answer when I told him it was on the government website...
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285161 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Alternative format PIP review form
Hi originalgoldengirl

I was at a meeting a few weeks ago and asked the question about alternative format, I was told you have to contact DWP and that they can provide an alternative format. They also spoke about social prescribers based at some GP's.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

• originalgoldengirl
  • Topic Author
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285170 by originalgoldengirl
Replied by originalgoldengirl on topic Alternative format PIP review form
But surely it was DWP I was speaking to Gary? Is there a different contact number?

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285200 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Alternative format PIP review form
Hi originalgoldengirl

I was not given a telephone number, I was told details are on the Gov website. If I have time over the weekend I will have an investigation to see if I can find anything.

We may have members who already know the contact number.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285204 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Alternative format PIP review form
O

I found this on an old post

You can contact them at the:
Alternate Format Team A108
Warbreck House
Warbreck Hill
Blackpool FY2 0ZE
or via email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

There's no phone number.

Gordon

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #285219 by MrH2020
Replied by MrH2020 on topic Alternative format PIP review form
I have just completed my review form but did not ask for an alternate format, I just typed the questions and my answers in a word document and referenced that at the beginning of the review.
I hope I have done right, time will tell, I have had the text saying they have received it back.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.