× Members

Wording on PIP2 Form. "I cannot" or "I am Unable" also using acceptable standard

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #284996 by MissKitty
Sorry to jump on the post am I understanding correctly that the assessor's determine from what you have wrote on your pip form if you can do it safely, reliably etc etc...... For example I have just stated that because of my son's ASD he requires frequent prompts and reminders to get dressed and stay on task. I haven't exactly when completing my son's PiP form that I have always used safely, reliably or within a reasonable time. Also not quite relevant to the post but I didn't always state that he requires the prompting 7 days a week I stated he requires daily prompting, my son has complex needs with multiple cognitive impairments and to be honest the amount of support my son needs never changes from day to day due to his complex neurodiverse difficulties as well as overlapping conditions such as dyspraxia/joint hypermobility it is "it has become my norm", although I did state on the additional information page that his complex conditions are lifelong and are unlikely to change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285015 by BIS
Hi Miss Kitty

I moved your post so that my answer to you doesn't get mixed up with Waxwing's post. We ask people not to ask questions within someone else's post in case replies get confused and someone gets the wrong answer.

Yes, the assessors do determine whether they think someone can do something safely and reliably etc. Some claimants may use that specific language, and others won't. Whether a claimant uses that specific language or not the assessor will still make a determination and give their opinion.

Stating that your son requires daily prompting shows that he needs help for the majority of the time, which is what a claimant needs to show to be awarded PIP. You are wise to say that his complex conditions are lifelong and unlikely to change - I only hope the DWP take note.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285018 by MissKitty
Many thanks for this as I didn't use the wording "majority of the time" instead I used requires prompts/reminders daily or requires daily prompts and reminders.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285019 by BIS
Miss Kitty

You're absolutely fine. The meaning to the DWP is the same.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid