× Members

DLA Renewal for a child under 16 years

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #284973 by Sensational Mum
DLA Renewal for a child under 16 years was created by Sensational Mum
Hi, I was wondering if someone could assist me with the following questions:

my son is 6 years old and has been receiving DLA. He has been diagnosed with ASD and has communication delay. I have been informed that his DLA award will expire on 23/1/24 and I have recently been asked to complete a DLA renewal form. My question is can I use the Benefits and work guidance 'Disability Living Allowance Claims for Children on Physical or Mental Health Grounds' do help me to complete the renewal form or is there another guidance that can assist?

Also I have a Educational Phycologist report that is dated April 2022, would I be able to use this as evidence even though its over a year old?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #284979 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA Renewal for a child under 16 years
Hi Sensational Mum

That's the only guide we have (unless you had to put in for an appeal)

You should definitely use the Educational Psychologist report (as long as there is nothing in there that could hinder rather than help your son's claim).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sensational Mum

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285003 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic DLA Renewal for a child under 16 years
hi
I would defo be using the DLA guide to educate yourself on who the system works, i would also phone your local council or money service and request a welfare rights officer to help you as well
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sensational Mum

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid