× Members

UC payment dates and 'assessment period'?

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #284968 by FlemingWay
UC payment dates and 'assessment period'? was created by FlemingWay
Hi

I'm trying to get my head round Universal Credit payment dates and the period they're supposed to cover - is my understanding of this accurate, please ?
If a UC payment is 25th of the month you count back seven days giving you the 'assessment period' (from when the original claim was made) i.e last day of this would be 18th of the month
So that payment is in arrears covering the period 19th of previous month to 18th of current month
So UC housing element on September 25th would be to cover the rent from 19th August to 18th September
October 25th payment would be for 19th September to 18th October
November 25th payment would for 19th October to 18th November, and so on

Is this right or have I got something confused here?

Thanks for any help clarifying this. FW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #284987 by Gary
Hi FlemingWay

Universal Credit is paid monthly, in arrears, within 7 days of the end of the monthly assessment period.

Universal Credit is worked out on a calendar monthly basis. The first assessment period will normally be the month beginningwith the first day that you are entitled to Universal Credit i.e 23 September to 22 October you would therefore receive your first payment on the 29th October.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: FlemingWay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid