× Members

Visually impaired, on UC - Waiting on PIP call - Should I apply for ESA too?

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #284948 by Karen
Hello everyone

Due to a change of circumstances (separated from my husband June) I find myself having to make a claim for benefits to get by. I have a limited capacity to work because I have Retinitis Pigmentosa (a hereditary eye complaint). I work part time and am a carer for my elderly father, who also has RP and dementia.
I have been awarded UC with a carers element plus extra to support my 16 year old son and I am applying for PIP for myself - I have a phone assessment on the 15th November so any advice on handling that successfully would be very helpful.
I am also wondering if I should make a claim for ESA and , if so, should I do that after I get awarded PIP? Is it worth me claiming ESA at all as I understand my UC will be lower if I do?
Any advice on what I should do would be great, thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #284960 by Gary
Hi Karen

I have answered this question in your previous post; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...y-for-esa-too#284947

Posts will show until they have been approved by a moderator, if you cannot see your post, don't panic it is waiting in the background to be released, we try to release post in in time order.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid