× Members

Esa assessment help and advice needed

More
11 months 19 hours ago #284893 by Charliem
Esa assessment help and advice needed was created by Charliem
Hi all i have an esa assessment next week and think i am going to struggle answering questions regarding my health conditions
Well here goes
I have menieres where i have dizzy attacks 3 -4 tmis a day minimum 4 times a week can be more i take Betahistine 16mg tablets 1 x3 aday i am only able to do activities every other day as i feel mentally and physicaly exausted and i fear everytime i need to go out doc appointments etc that an attack could happen
I have fluctuating hearing loss and tinnitus 24/7
I have sciatica from my hips buttucks radiating down both leggs where i have difficulty with sitting and standing because of pain and stiffness i am taking 2x25mg amitrytline + cocodamol 4 times a day 30/500mg,ibufron gel
I have low mood where i take sertryline 50mg 1-2 times a day im taking ramipril 5mg 1 aday and for my asthma i am taking 250 sudupla inhaler 2x2 aday and ventoline inhaler as and when needed, its going to be an exhausting day for me next week,i have only last week had a pip tribunal which they were ok,i had a good outcome 10 points daily and 12 points mobility which will be backdated from april 2022,well hope to get good replies from you guys regarding my long story once again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 17 hours ago #284901 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Esa assessment help and advice needed
Hi Goneshopping

I am not sure why you will struggle with your assessment, the co-codamol 30/500 is the maximum strength you can take.

You need to inform the assessor that you have been awarded PIP.

To find out about what to expect at a telephone assessment - help-for-claimants/esa1 look at page 134.

This should help you with all the information you need.

- Write yourself a bullet point list of any particular points you want to get over, so you have it by you during the assessment, tick them as you cover them during the assessment.
- have paper and pens to hand to make any notes such as the assessors name, date, time
- make sure you are seated in a comfortable chair, you are going to be there a while and at table to make notes
- if you can't hear or understand what is being asked then ask them to repeat the question
- don’t let the assessor rush you and get you flustered.
- don't forget to have a glass of water if needed so you don't get a dry throat and lose your voice!

Don’t forget to contact DWP once you receive your decision letter and ask for a copy of the assessors report called a UC85.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid