× Members

From dla to pip

More
11 months 23 hours ago #284886 by munz
From dla to pip was created by munz
Just want to say thank you for all the information on the Web site. My daughter had a life time award of middle rate care low mobility DLA. But her condition had changed so after much thought we decided to try for PIP submitted all the forms backed up by medical evidence and a letter from the GP. Today she got a letter to say she had been awarded enhanced on both care and mobility for 5 years. Plus a lump sum for the time difference between submitting the forms and receiving the decision. No need for them to see her either just paper based

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 19 hours ago #284890 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic From dla to pip
M

Many congratulations on the award, unfortunately, there is a problem with the backdated money you say your daughter is entitled to.

The law is prescriptive in this area, the PIP Transfer Legislation, requires the new PIP award to start four weeks after the Decision is made, up until that time the DLA award remains in payment.

As a result of this, there can be no backdating of the new PIP award on transfer from DLA.

If a payment has been made then it has been done in Error and should not be recoverable but I would hold off spending any of the money until the PIP award goes into payment, which I assume has not happened yet.

If the backdated money has not been paid yet, then it is quite possible that it won't actually be paid.

Sorry

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 4 weeks ago #284962 by munz
Replied by munz on topic From dla to pip
Thank you for the advice will definitely wait and see what actually happens about the payment as she hasn't received the pip payment yet just pleased she has at last got her awad

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid