× Members

PIP Decision

More
11 months 5 days ago #284830 by Dlm791
PIP Decision was created by Dlm791
Hello,

I have received my decision letter for PIP which I totally disagree with, I have multiple conditions and they have all been grouped together, it has taken me years to just get PIP which I got in 2019 with 8 points literally just got it, this time I got 10 points for daily living and 4 for mobility.

I have appealed twice previously and I hated it you go to court and are treated like a criminal, the lowest of the low, I said I'd never do it again.

My question is what are the chances of getting the higher descriptor points if they have been ruled out by the DWP? I've never seen anything like this before. They also say I haven't been referred to occupational health for my hands, so the higher descriptor was ruled out.

I have asked for my PA4 form so got to wait for that to come, I'll do an MR but really don't want to appeal it :(

Thanks
Donna.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 4 days ago #284836 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Decision
Hi Dlm791

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

We cannot give you an answer to your question, as we do not know you or how your conditions affect you.

You need to look at our guides, quite often claimants get turned down, due to the way they answer a question.

I helped a claimant a while ago to appeal a decision, when I got hold of their appeal bundle and saw what they had written on their application form, I would not have awarded them anything, they just stated that they could not do x but did not say why they could not do x. I put in a submission for them and they were made an offer from the DWP prior to going to the Tribunal which they accepted. see; Our guide to PIP claims and reviews goes through each question highlighting important issues that you need to consider in your answers and giving some sample answers; benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 months 4 days ago #284843 by Dlm791
Replied by Dlm791 on topic PIP Decision
Thank you for replying.

I took all the advice from CAB and then all the advice on here which is fantastic.

Has anyone received the higher points that were recommended by the assessor but ruled out? Before going to tribunal.

Thanks
Donna.

More
11 months 4 days ago #284845 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Decision
Hi Donna,

I've approved your message for others to see, and hopefully you'll receive a response soon.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tony, Dlm791

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid